Designing microprocessors is hard, expensive, and takes years. But does it have to? No.
Codasip was founded on a simple belief – that we could bring together the brilliance of microprocessor architects and software engineers and capture it in tools that made design simpler, faster, and less expensive. STUDIO was born in 2014 with the mission of democratizing processor design. We are succeeding. At the same time RISC-V was gaining traction, so it was natural for Codasip to embrace it as an Open Instruction Set Architecture (ISA).
We are looking for a seasoned and passionate candidate to join our team working on RISC-V and be part of realizing a whole new paradigm in semiconductors and microprocessor design.
Position: VP of Products
Location: UK, France or Germany
What is expected from you:
At Codasip our Product Managers work cross functionally to define our whole products, ecosystem, roadmaps, go-to-market strategy and tactics, and business model(s). We find the most successful Product Managers have a balance of technical and commercial skills, are outgoing, and comfortable working with our deeply technical developers, as well as our commercial team, customers, and partners. Whilst Codasip is headquartered in Europe, our approach and culture are typical of Silicon Valley, meaning that we value prudent risk taking and “out of the box” thinking. Although we are at an early stage, we are poised for dynamic growth based on our leading-edge customers and cutting-edge technology, and therefore need our Product Management team to also help us create the right future roadmap and product definitions. Codasip's brand is growing with our customer base, and we expect product managers to act as evangelists for us.
Main responsibilities include:
- Understanding the market and market needs, with an emphasis on understanding the buyer of the company’s products and services and what they truly value, versus what is nice to have.
- Understanding the wider semiconductor and EDA market and being able to make a business case for new products including ROI analysis, SAM, TAM and other factors that affect product viability.
- Developing effective marketing strategies and tactics, enabling the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure they are aligned and work efficiently to generate and close opportunities.
- Product definition with unique selling proposition, translating technology details into customer benefits.
- Ecosystem definition and development – design IP is an “ingredient of an ingredient” which is only as successful as the ecosystem is.This includes building partnership programs, etc.
- Positioning the products and defining the roadmap.
Core skills and competencies required for the role:
- Collaboration. As a product manager, you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, sales management.
- Communication. The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging texts, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Research & Analytics. A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix.
- 8+ years of experience in product development, product marketing and management, and/or prior experience of EDA or IP business models
- Understanding of business modelling
- Experience in driving customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to present to executive levels as well as the working levels, efficiently and effectively bridging between the two
- Proven ability to identify risks and mitigate, leading to meeting deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity as plans and strategies evolve based on new information