Codasip was founded on a simple belief – we could bring together the brilliance of microprocessor architects and software engineers and capture it in tools that made design simpler, faster and less expensive. The company was created in 2014 with the mission of democratizing processor design. Nowadays Codasip is a leading supplier of processing solutions for IC designers, offering products based on open standards such as the RISC-V ISA, LLVM and UVM.
The High-level synthesis (HLS) team (led by Jan Bartusek) is working on our EDA tool, Codasip Studio, which helps our customers and our IP engineers with the design of new RISC-V processors. This team would like to welcome a new junior colleague who would work on SW tools for on-chip debugging.
How can you participate?
- develop and extend of OpenOCD open-source software tool (C language)
- develop internal Codasip software tools related to on-chip debugging (C, C++, Python)
- test the on-chip debugging flow and prepare automated tests in Python
- get involved in OpenOCD development in upstream - code reviews and contributions
What you should know
- good command of C language, at least 2 years of development experience (professional or academic)
- familiarity with Git, Linux, and Bash
- at least basic knowledge of Python 3
- ability to write clear and concise code, defensive programming approach
- at least B1 level of English
- analytical thinking, self-sufficiency
- experience in team collaboration
- desire to learn new technologies and languages
What we would appreciate
The following items are not required but having any of them is a big advantage.
- understanding of embedded systems and embedded software
- prior experience with microcontrollers (ARM, AVR, PIC, Arduino, or similar)
- knowledge of (or interest in) RISC-V
- knowledge of RTL languages (Verilog or VHDL)
- experience with FPGA technology
- experience with troubleshooting of HW devices (JTAG, oscilloscope, log. analyzer, etc.)
- knowledge of C++11 (or newer)
- knowledge of the CMake build system
- familiarity with the Pytest framework
- prior experience with contributions to open-source projects
This position is based in our R&D center in Brno or Prague.
Are you interested in this position? Do you have a question about it? Let us know :)